Saturday, May 3, 2008

Where in the World is Daddy??

This summer, Scott is going to be traveling every week to a couple of different offices within his company. While it's a lot of time in airports, hotels and rental cars for him, we are thrilled because this gives him the opportunity to be home every Sunday with us and he does not have to relocate to one city for the next few months. Yeah!! Since he's going to be visiting so many places, I thought it would be fun for Ella and I to keep track of his adventures and learn different things about the places he is going. So far, he has been to Los Angeles, Orlando, Detroit, Chicago and Portland. Ella and I put up a big map in her playroom and she has had a great time putting stars on the cities. She has learned that California is warm and the place where gold was found; Orlando is home of Disneyworld (we may have to go with daddy on his next visit there!) and that they grow oranges in Florida; Cars are made in Detroit and they grow cherries and Christmas trees there; Chicago is the third largest city and Illinois is where Abraham Lincoln once lived; Portland is called the "City of Roses" and you can go there to a rose festival and Oregon is on the Pacific coast where you can see the Sea Lion caves. While I'm sure she will not remember all that she is learning, it has been fun for her to see all of the places that her daddy is visiting! Feel free to join come along with us! We are going to try and stay updated each week.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

How fun for her to see where her dad is. That is such a great idea. I love the pictures.

The Miles Family said...

Becky that is a genius idea!! What a great mom you are. :)

The Miles Family said...

Wow, I think I learned more about the states in 2 paragraphs than I did in 5 years of elementary school. Nice work Bec.