Wednesday, July 30, 2008

jULy FuN!

This month has just flown by ~ as most of them seem to do these days. Besides the 4th of July, here are a few highlights!Ella had many celebrations for her birthday! It started in May when she had an unbirthday party at Preschool. Then we had her big party in June while visiting Papa and Grandma in Seattle. This was followed by a small party on her ACTUAL birthday. Grandma Murphy was visiting and able to share in the fun. And believe it or not, she is still receiving gifts! Thanks for the beautiful box, Papa! I think the perpetual party has come to an end though and we can now look forward to number 5!
If there's any question about who Ella wants to be like, this picture answers it! Scott was able to come home for a few more days than we were expecting this last week. One night, I came into the family room and found them glued to the Xbox eating popsicles. Scott is teaching Ella how to run the ball on his Madden football game and she's actually pretty good - by pure luck, of course!

Those of you who know me can attest to how much I hate messes! Well, after seeing how much fun my friend Cami's little girl, Jane, has playing in paint, I decided to leave the paint brushes in the cupboard and let Ella go for it with her hands, feet, knees. . .She loved it! And while I have to admit I was close behind with papertowels, I did join in the fun, too.

Ella took her second swimming class this month and finally conquered putting her whole face in the water. Yea, Ella! She had to do it with goggles at first but eventually learned to do it without them. She also learned to float like a starfish and kick. She showed all of her new "tricks" to Scott and I when we took her to Cherry Hill last week.
For the 24th of July celebration, Ella was able to ride on the parade float and do a hand dance for her dance company. This was her first parade and she could hardly wait! They had to be there extra early, waiting almost 2 hours, in 98 degree weather, before the tractor started moving but she didn't seem to mind. Thank heavens for 70 proof sunscreen and water!! I walked the first part with her and then dashed to the end of the parade to try and catch a quick look as they came by. I saw her briefly, head resting on Natalie's shoulder (her little friend on the left), totally worn out. Time for ice cream!

And last, a short funny story from the day of the parade. Ella has a wonderful dance instructor, Alisha, who just loves kids and is so animated. Right after we got to the parade, Ella ran up to Alisha and told her that she was 4! Alisha responded with amazing enthusiasm and told her how excited she was. Ella then said, "do you know what you get to do when you are 4?" (to truly appreciate this, you have to picture her saying it in her usual intensity, with hands clasped under her chin, fingers moving frantically)! "What?", asks Alisha. "You get to eat a WHOLE vitamin!" Unlike the half of one she could only eat when she was 3. Ella, what would we do without you?!

3 comments:

Jules said...

The painting looks soooo fun! I can't believe how big Ella is...

The Miles Family said...

Ahh, I love Ella Drew! The picture of her in the goggles cracks me up. I just want to squeeze her! I love the WHOLE vitamin story, that's so Ella. Silly girl. :)

The Nelson Family said...

Nice work on the painting! I'm glad she liked it or I may have been in trouble. They are always fun little art projects to keep and hang up. Happy Birthday Ella!!