Thursday, August 14, 2008
FORKS
It's true! I have been to the home of Bella and Edward! Just before we were getting ready to leave for Seattle last week, mom called and asked me to get the phone number to a lodge that we were going to be staying at on the Olympic Peninsula. Much to my surprise and excitement, it was in FORKS! I know I should probably not be as "over the moon" as I was to go there but fellow Twilight lovers will understand. The town was actually a little bigger than I expected. We were able to see the Thriftway store where Bella worked, the Forks High School (Go Spartans!), Bella's truck, and pictures of the hospital with a reserved spot for Dr. Cullen and of the Cullen and Swan homes. Needless to say, the town is buzzing over Edward and Bella. Their names are in almost every store window and most of the restaurants have named menu items after them. That night, we stayed in Kalaloch Lodge, right on the ocean. I think (but am not 100%) sure that this is the lodge that Bella and Charlie ate at on the night of her graduation. Unfortunately, there were no Edward sightings. :-) To those who are thinking of making the trek to Forks, it's worth it. The Olympic Peninsula is beautiful and you can see why Stephenie Meyer picked it for their home. It fits perfectly! To mom and dad, thanks for humoring me. More Seattle excitement to come later. . .




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is awesome. What did you think of the new book?
Oh man...I am so jealous! I will be there next time and we will find Edward!
FUN!! Have you finished the 4th book yet? LOVE IT! Has your mom read them? Call me when you get back...
Post a Comment