Wednesday, April 29, 2009

1+1+1+2 = 5

We're back!! My short break actually turned into a longer one than I expected but it was for a very exciting reason. For those who haven't heard the news, we are expecting. . . . .TWINS! And they are BOYS! We found out on New Year's Day that I was pregnant and learned it was twins at our 8 week visit at the end of January. While we knew it was a possibility, we were still pretty shocked and it's still crazy to think about it. If anyone has any great twin advice, we are all ears!!

All is going well. I was pretty sick the first 15 weeks but am feeling much better now and am enjoying this stage since I know I am well on my way to being extremely uncomfortable soon! They should be arriving sometime during the middle to end of August.

Both boys are healthy and growing as they should. They are also very active. Baby A, which is on my right side, seems to be the most and Baby B usually follows right behind him. I cannot wait to meet them and see their personalities!

Ella is beyond thrilled to be a big sister and even more excited that she gets two little brothers. She was a little disappointed at first to not have a girl but she got over it quickly. On the car ride home from the ultrasound she said, "I get to have two Teegan's!" (Teegan is Josh and Brittany's little boy and her favorite person in the world!)

Scott, well, I think it's safe to say that this news was even more exciting than if the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. Ok, maybe that's pushing it but he was a pretty happy man!! He made the ultrasound technician check several times and he was finally convinced when she swore 110%. So much for the girls ruling the house now!

Here are some pics of Baby A - sitting on my right side. The last pic on the bottom right shows their two heads!

Here are some pics of Baby B - sitting on my left side. The pic on the bottom right shows that he is definitely a boy!

In this break, we have missed so much that is going on with everyone else, too. We hope that you are all well and glad that we are able to finally catch up! More to come about our adventures!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Wow! That's awesome news! congratulations!!!

The Miles Family said...

Well it's nice to finally have you back in the blogging world! We are so excited to have more boys in the family. Teegan will have some cousins to wrestle around with someday.

Teegan asked for Ella again today. I thought for sure by day 3 we would be past our post-visit blues! Would you please put us out of our misery and come back? How about next week? :)

Brandi said...

How exciting. Congratulations and good luck with the rest of the pregnancy. How was your trip to Virginia?

Brittany Wall said...

Yea!! I'm so excited for you guys! Ella will be the best big sister!! Please let me know if you need help with anything, I'm just right up the street! Tell Ella hi for me and that I miss her. I'm glad you're all doing well!!

Maggi M said...

Wow Thanks for posting the pictures They are wonderful! I am glad that you enjoyed your trip. I bet their boys have really grown. The pictures make me feel not so far away! - But I will see you soon - still working on the details. Thanks for the pictures. & CONGRATULATIONS again
Love Grandma Murphy

The Nelson Family said...

congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I don't know if you saw on our blog, but we are having a boy too - but only one :) Ella will be such a great big sister and will teach them everything! Good luck and hopefully I'll see you in June when I'm there.
Cami

Bishop Family said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is good, and I'm glad your back in the blogging world.

Crump Family said...

Hey Becky!
It's Chris Ranks - I know this is completely out of the blue. Sara sent me a link to your blog and I'm the worst about getting around to leaving comments but I'm super excited for you and your family. What's even funnier is that I'm in exactly the same boat! We have one little boy and after invitro in March we're expecting twins too. We won't find out what they are for another few weeks, but everything is so far so good. I know that Shawnee and Jolynn and pulling together a 15 year class reunion this summer and Jolynn was asking me if I knew where you were. I'm know she'd like to mail you an invitation. Here's her email address so you can get in touch with her if you'd like. jolynnaldinger@msn.com

Good luck on the pregnancy. I'll check back to the blog to see how things are going. I've been a super blogging slacker but maybe one of these days I'll get around to doing an update.

Take care! Chris