Oh, how I love thee. . .Let me count the ways.



When we made the decision for me to be a stay at home mom after the twins were born I was not quite sure how I would do. I was excited to be home with my kiddos but nervous about losing that connection with the grown up world. I have actually been doing better than I expected and a sweet moment with Ella helped me to see exactly why this is where I am supposed to be. On a normal day, Ella comes home from school, throws her coat and back pack on the floor and proceeds to tell me something exciting about her day. This usually involves her friends and what they did at recess. A little while ago, though, she came home and without taking anything off, she came over to me in tears. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me that a couple of kids had made fun of her at recess and told her they did not want to be her friends anymore. My heart broke. I so remember the grade school days and how hard they could be. She sat in my lap and I rocked her for over an hour, telling her how much I loved her and that everything would be ok. And it is. All is well again in the friend world. And I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be home and comfort her. There's no place on earth I would rather be.
No comments:
Post a Comment