Friday, June 11, 2010

Bees

Today is a day I will never forget! I was in the nursery changing Cole's diaper. Cade was in the porta crib watching a Baby Einstein and Ella was out riding Abe's scooter. I have been so worried about her riding it because she gets going so fast down our street and she has a dance competition coming up. I have just been waiting for something traumatic to happen. And it did!!

I was almost done putting Cole's diaper on when I heard the worst scream I have ever heard coming from the kitchen. It was Ella! I reacted - without thinking - leaving Cole on the changing table and dashing in to get Ella. I fully expected to see blood everywhere and a missing appendage. I quickly looked her over. No blood. All body parts in tact. But she is still screaming out of control. I quickly remembered Cole and picked up Ella and headed back to the nursery. He was still patiently waiting on the table without a diaper. I hurried and put him back together while trying to talk to Ella to see what was wrong. She finally got out the word "Bee" and held out her hand.

My first thought was - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? All that for a bee sting. What is she going to be like if she ever does get seriously hurt? But I felt so bad for her. She really was hurting. I took her back in the kitchen, got out the first aid kit, took out the stinger, and bandaged her up. She layed quietly on the couch with a blanket and some ice until the stinging didn't hurt anymore. She didn't want me to take a picture but finally agreed to let me take one of the wounded finger.
BUZZZZZZZ!

No comments: