I know what you are thinking. . .what kind of parents would put their 1 1/2 year old in a boxing ring?! That's exactly what poor little Cade looks like. Being a twin is definitely hazardous to their physical well being. Now that they are walking/running, it's difficult (sometimes impossible) to keep tabs on both of them at all times. Here's a run down of a couple of weeks at our house:
1. Cade is playing on the loveseat. He gets upset and throws his body against the arm of the couch. He goes right over the arm and lands face first on the fireplace hearth.
2. Cade cuts left eye when Ella accidentally drops him. Nothing that a trip to the Instacare and some glue and antibiotics can't cure.
3. Cade cuts and bruises right eye. Total mystery. He was fine when he went to bed but not when he woke up. Grandma Miles thinks he escaped out of his crib during the night.
4. Cole is playing on the loveseat. He gets excited when I walk over to get him and throws his body against the arm of the couch, too. He goes right over the arm and lands in between the couch and the fireplace hearth. Time to put pillows down.
5. Cole escapes out of crib and opens the bedroom door.
6. While I was putting Cole into the car, Cade turned the lock on the back door and locked me out. Luckily, Beth had a spare key and was home!
7. While helping Cole get over a tantrum, I discover that I haven't seen Cade for a few minutes. I began looking everywhere but could not find him. Then, I hear rushing water coming from Ella's bathroom. Sure enough, he had opened the bathroom door (and shut it), crawled onto the toilet and then onto the bathroom counter and into the bathroom sink. He was soaked and laughing hysterically! Time for child proof locks on all the bathroom doors.
8. Cole escapes out of his crib again! Time to drop the mattresses to the lowest level.
9. Putting Cole in the car again. Cade locks me out AGAIN! Forgot to take spare key back to Beth's. Used a little sticker book Ella had in the car to jimmy the door open. Grateful that it worked. Scared that it's that easy to get in. Time to keep my keys with me when loading the boys.
10. Cade manages to open baby gate to the basement. Luckily, he only made it to the first stair.
11. Cole decides to climb on top of the laundry basket instead of inside and takes a nice head dive off of it.
12. Cade climbs on the barstool under our kitchen island, sits down and begins to eat Ella's leftover ice cream.

I don't know who to feel more sorry for, them or us! Gotta laugh about and love life with twins!
2 comments:
OH HOW I MISS YOU GUYS!! When will we ever be able to get together?!?
I'd love to tell you this was an unusual week...but you have many more to come, I'm afraid! I wish we were closer so we could help. So hard to be a mom...Keep lovin'em all! We sure do. :)
Post a Comment