Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

Happy Happy Easter! I just have to laugh when I look at this photo of these three munchkins. I don't think I am too far off from most mom's when I say that Easter brings visions of happy, smiling children, so excited to wear their darling new Easter outfits for church and ready to give picture perfect poses for the camera. Those were definitely my hopes but when church is right at nap time, it's an almost impossible wish. So, I will take and treasure what I can get - eyeore, not looking at the camera and lots of tears.

The Easter fun started with a package in the mail from Grandma Murphy. She sent balls for the boys and an Easter egg decorating kit for Ella. Ella loves to create her own masterpieces. She decided to give the egg as a gift to the Easter Bunny.
Our next bit of fun came at our neighborhood Easter party! Jamie was so kind to let us use her preschool room in her basement to color eggs, make chick pictures and decorate bunny cakes. The biggest hit for the kids was the frosting and sprinkles. All of that sugar in nine kids equals lots of craziness! So we let them run it out in a Easter egg hunt.

The night before Easter, I had the chance to read the children's version of the Easter story to Ella. She has heard it before but she is really starting to understand it and asked a lot of questions. The one that was the hardest for her to comprehend was why anyone would want to hurt Jesus. I could not help but tear up as I tried to explain it to her. While I don't think she completely understood, she knows that Jesus died for her and for all of us because he loves us so much. Like Christmas, it's really easy to get caught up in the fun activities surrounding these special holidays. It was such a blessing for me to have a moment with her to remember how the resurrection blesses each of us.


The Easter Bunny found our house again - leaving lots of candy, fun toys for the kids, and those darling Easter outfits. Ella was excited to find Tangled and a new Zooble and the boys loved their big doodle boards and bathtub submarines.

While we weren't able to get a smiling picture with all three kids, we were able to snap a couple of cute ones individually.

And what is left to do at the end of such an exciting day. . .sleep!

No comments: