Sunday, July 3, 2011

NKOTBSB

The time for NKOTBSB (New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys) has finally arrived! Before I begin this post, I have a huge disclaimer. I am NOT the NKOTBSB fan. That would be Scott! Yes, crazy I know, but he is probably the biggest boy band fan I know and he's proud of it! He got VIP tickets to their show in Las Vegas for Christmas. He tried not to act too excited but as the day of the concert approached, he was a pretty happy man!

The meet and greet before the show was definitely an interesting experience. We quickly learned that we were "meet and greet novices" and had no clue the hours of strategizing that some women put in to this event. (I say women because Scott was only one of three guys there out of over 250 people). We were given a VIP pass with a letter assigned to it. They would call our letter in the order to go back for our meet and group picture. We were letter D. As we sat eating our cookies and sipping our Cokes, women were roaming the room to find out who was in their letter group. And then the stratigizing would begin. "Who do you want to meet first?" " Who do you want to stand by?" "Do you want to be on his right side or left side?" And if there was more than two people who wanted to stand by the same New Kid, watch out! I, of course, didn't care. I didn't even know their names until minutes before walking through the door. Scott probably did care but was too embarrased to admit it, even though everyone we met thought it was so awesome that I was there with him. Some of these people followed the New Kids around the country, going to more than one of these events in a week. Talk about obsessed! And apparently independently wealthy considering how much $$ these tickets are!

When our letter was finally called, I couldn't help but laugh at the whole thing. We were wisked quickly into the room and the other eight women took off for their men. Scott and I just started at the beginning of the line and worked our way through. Danny was our first stop and the one we got our picture by. He was the nicest too. He asked if we were married and then told Scott how nice it was of him to come with me. When Scott told him that it was actually me who was with him, he looked surprised and then told him how cool that was. That was pretty much the response we got from all of the guys. They were all nice and super short. Granted, I was in heels, but they were tiny!

After hellos and a quick photo, we went back to the holding room to receive our gift bags - hot pink t-shirts, bootie shorts, and night eye cover. Pretty sure Scott is going to pass his goodies along to the next biggest fan we know, our friend, Jamie.

We weren't sure what to expect going in but had a great time! Scott got to meet his favorite band of all time and the people watching was sublime!

Ready for the big night!
Look who's the big VIP!

With the VIP package, we also received floor tickets. I think my fast fingers on the sale date paid off because we had incredible seats. We were right against the stage, just as the walkway out into the audience started. We didn't sit in those sweet seats the whole concert! We stood and cheered and snapped photos. I think I almost passed as a fan by the end of the night!

I can honestly say that everyone should do a VIP package at least once in their life. Being that close is such a different experience from being in higher seats. Maybe it's the crazed fans around you - and they are nothing short of completely crazy! Or the fact that you could reach out and touch them as they walked by. Who knows? While I would have much preferred to be that close to Keith Urban, I have to admit it was a great concert and super fun to be there!







I don't think I have ever heard screaming like I did when Donny took his shirt off!

A.J. and Brian (Brian and I actually made eye contact!)



This is Jordan. I didn't know that before tonight but after meeting them, I decided he was the cutest one. Jamie thinks so too - these pics are for her!

This is Joey. He has a 3 1/2 year old boy and he brought him on stage to sing a song with them. So sweet!

I tried several times through the night to snap a photo of Scott's face. He was in awe and smiling constantly. But he would always catch me taking his pick and try and act all cool. This was one of those many moments.

Scott made many friends through the night. He made them in line, he made them at the check out counter of the fan store, he made them while waiting for me to come out of the restroom. When we got to our seats, Scott left to go get a drink and people were asking me where my husband went. They thought he was hysterical!






We left without much of a voice and hardly any hearing but it was worth it! Great night!

No comments: