Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Preschool

It's hard to believe but these sweet boys are old enough to start preschool! There's a toddler program at the Bravo Arts Academy not too far from our house. I have been talking to them about going and Cole has learned to say "schoo". While I am excited for this experience for them, I do have to admit that I am emotional, too. Especially since these are my last little ones who will be going through this stage.

After they got dressed and ate breakfast, they kept asking to get the coloring stuff out of the cupboard.
Cade is silly when he colors, usually coloring on anything but the paper. And he loves to eat the crayons or the tips off of markers.
Cole is our serious colorer, really concentrating on his masterpieces.

When I loaded them in the car, Cole decided that he was having second thoughts and didn't want to go. Let's hope he changes his mind once we get there.

I love all of the excitement of the first day! Cade and Cole's teacher is Mrs. Snyder and they are in Room #5. There are six other kids in the class with them. This year they will be learning about colors and shapes, along with two different themes for each week. I also love this school because of the strong musical component. Ella was so proud to be the big sister, showing her little brothers where to sit and helping them to open the paints to work on their book bags. She kept asking me what she was like and what she did on her first day of preschool. It was such a big help to have her. Cade and Cole went crazy painting their book bags - and their shirts (I hope it comes out!). They struggled sitting on the rug for story time but I'm sure that will get better once they have been there for awhile. They loved playing out on the playground and snack time.

I love waiting outside the door to pick them up at the end of class. They get so excited to see me and I am so excited to see them!

2 comments:

Brittany Nichole Miles said...

Oh my goodness..what big boys you have! Preschool? I bet you are loving the time to yourself..

Grandma and Papa said...

Love, love, love, the comb overs! Made me laugh out loud...’cause they’re so cute, of course. It sounds like a really fun school, where the boys will have great experiences. (But, what were they thinking? Cloth pain without paint smocks? Really?)