Monday, August 1, 2011

Seattle Time

We have been anxiously waiting all summer for our annual trip to Seattle and it has finally arrived! I have to admit though, even with all of the excitement, the thought of flying with two toddlers made me a bit (ok, a lot) nervous. I still have nightmares about flying with Ella at this age and the thought of maybe dealing with that again, times two. . .aaaahhhh!! Fortunately, Mom and Ella were also flying with us so I would have help.

Cole loved looking at the big airplane outside - and even said airplane for the first time!
Cade loved roaming the airport on Daddy's shoulders while eating his bagel. Scott was on another flight to Nebraska for work but left an hour after us. It was great to have him roam with the kids before they were contained for a couple of hours.



It still makes me smile to see an almost toothless Ella! She loved playing with Grandma's travel pillow.


I am happy to report that we survived the flight! Even though we hadn't paid for seats for the boys, the flight wasn't full so they were able to have their own seat. That was a huge help! Cade sat so quietly during taxi and take off while Cole was upset. And then they switched. Cade was upset when he couldn't roam around the airplane while Cole sat quietly watching a movie. We had a couple of tantrum moments but overall, it went better than I expected.

2 comments:

Grandma and Papa said...

I was amazed at how smoothly the flight went. Good thing we had two adults though, because we were really busy pulling out new activities to keep the boys happy from your super backpack. They both did really well for 2 yr. olds. I was glad I could join you all for the trip!

Grandma and Papa said...

Oops. I'm a challenged blog poster. "unknown" is really me. I figured out how to get a name listed with Josh helping.