I have to start this post by saying what a great helper Ella is. She is so good to take the boys downstairs to play if I need to get a couple of things done upstairs. Usually these play dates go quite smoothly, with only occasional cries or arguments. But not today!I think every mom can agree that it's never a good sign when you hear an older child, in a very loud voice say, "OH NO!" I didn't hear screaming so I knew no one was hurt. And then I began to wonder as I approached the stairs what I was going to find. It didn't take long to discover it!
The stairs were riddled with crayons and markers on every step and on my nice faux painted wall were works of art from my two Picassos. After a quick "oh no" moment myself, I gathered my thoughts and remembered to grab the camera to snap a couple of photos. Then I scolded the boys for what they had done and thought of how I was going to get this all off. Fortunately, all of the coloring utensils they used were washable! Thank you Crayola! And it only took a little soap and water to get things looking clean and new again. When I was finished, Cade looked at me and smiled and said, "all gone".
1 comment:
OH NO!! You're a good mom... I don't know what I would have done.
Post a Comment