A post without pictures - is that legal? Probably not. But when you're sick, taking pictures is a low priority. So, I am proud (I think) to announce that, at the ripe old age of 35, I have finally broken my first bone. It all started the week that mom was here visiting with a cough. Allergies have been super bad this season and I thought that must be what I had. I took some Benadryl and patiently waited for it to go away. It didn't. By the time mom left, I had a super sharp pain in my left side and my cough was much worse. I finally went in to the doctor where I was diagnosed with bronchitis and told I had probably just pulled some muscles. Easy fix, I thought. A round of antibiotics and some rest would do the trick. Not quite. By the time dad arrived for his visit I was still feeling icky and getting even worse. He made me promise to go back to the doctor. And being the extremely obedient daughter that I have always been (ha!ha!), I went. Final diagnosis: bronchitis is now pneumonia and that sharp pain was two broken ribs caused from coughing so hard. I had no idea you could break your ribs that way! And I had no idea how painful broken bones were. I was wishing they could put my whole chest in a cast! Two more rounds of antibiotics, several breathing treatments and some pain meds and we are finally on the mend. Many thanks to all those who fed and cared for us this past month!
1 comment:
Why didn't I think to take a picture of you coughing? Hmmm. I'm so happy you are healthy now, but about that obidient daughter business... I didn't see you going to the doctor while dear old Mom was there, insisting you go. So, we now know which parent you are most obidient to. :) Dad's always win out. Love you and wish we could visit more often!!
Post a Comment