Monday, May 20, 2013

Back to the 50's

For Ella's activity days, the girls hosted a 50's theme Mother/Daughter party.  I love it when they choose themes that I have dance costumes for Ella to wear.  Her Bop costume was perfect!  I had a little more difficulty coming up with something and settled on the scarf in the hair and capri pants. They decorated the church bowery with old 50's records and served hamburgers and french fries.  Ella made our placemats out of old records and decorated them with glitter and jewels.  It was a bit windy and started to get super chilly shortly after we started but it didn't phase the girls.  They were too excited to eat yummy food and dance. At the end of the night, Ella gave me a letter that she had written to me telling me all of the things she loved about me being her mom.  I truly am so lucky to have such a sweet, amazing, beautiful girl!

No comments: