It is time for one of the biggest highlights of our summer - Seattle!
Usually we make the all day trek by our lonesome but this year we did a big caravan with everyone. The kids loved riding with Teegan and Camdyn. There was constant chatter, laughter and a small melt down here and there.
Papa rode the big yellow motorcycle in the horrible heat. Grandma and I drove the suburban with the five big kids. Josh, Britt and Scott chilled with Max and Steven cruised solo. Hmmmm.....I think I will let Scott drive with all the kids next year and I will fly!
Can I just tell you how grateful I am for electronics on long car rides?! Sanity savers! Life savers!
We made it! First stop - the Reptile Zoo. This is our first trip to this zoo. Papa and Grandma found it and thought the kids would love it. They were right! Me, on the other hand, not so much. Fortunately, the suburban got a flat tire shortly after pulling into the parking lot so I was just fine waiting outside a bit for Triple A.
My kids are definitely braver than I am. I was grossed out looking at them through the glass. No way was I going to hold one. Cole is like me. Not too crazy about holding one, but he did pet it. Cade was ready to kiss it!
Ella was brave, too. And couldn't resist adding in a touch of the dramatic!
I have several favorite pics on this trip and this is the first one. How cute are these 4th of July cousins?!
Love, love, love anyone who is willing to entertain our kids. Mom and Dad have a couple of teenagers next door that offered to come over and play a game with them. What was that?! Of course - come on over - anytime!
Max - our resident car washer.
Papa - our resident motorcyle ride giver.
4th of July Redneck Celebration at the Monroe Fairgrounds
Celebration for our 5 Summer Birthdays - Josh, Brittany, Ella, Cade and Cole
Scott sharing his excitement over the perfect marshmallow. No question where the kids get their facial expressions from!
My second favorite pic of the trip - although, I think this one gets the top vote. Nothing is better than giggling so hard that you can't even open your eyes! Oh Camdyn, we love you!
Raspberry picking with Grandma
I think they ate more as they went than they put in their buckets. They were so yummy!
My third favorite pic - so sweet!
Fun at the Children's Museum
More fun at the park
My fourth favorite pic - Max was in heaven in the water!
Planting sunflowers with Grandma
The kids were so excited to be gardeners for an afternoon. Grandma got a sunflower for each of them that they got to plant along her fence. Stay tuned for next year when we can take pictures of the final results!
Digging in the dirt - every boys dream!
My fifth favorite pic - getting Papa with a candid smile!
Helping papa to make their treasure boxes.
Helping grandma to paint their treasure boxes.
Ella requested a butterfly and the boys wanted fast cars. They turned out amazing! And the kids cannot wait to take them home to fill them with their treasures!
In all of our trips to Seattle, we had not gone a ride with the ducks. So papa and grandma took us on one. Can you hear the duck calls coming out of this picture?!
Captain Phlip Dover was our tour guide and he was hilarious! The highlight for the kids was when we actually drove into the water. They were amazed that a car could do that!
They also loved getting to sit up front with the Captain and getting to wear his special hat!
With all of the excitement, it's easy to see why some quiet moments and sleep were much needed.
Thanks again, Papa and Grandma, for another amazing trip! We Love You!!










































































No comments:
Post a Comment