I am not even sure where to start, except to say that Thanksgiving is NOT the Murphy family's holiday.
Ella has officially declared this year to be our lastest Worst Thanksgiving Ever! Why, you ask? Well, let me tell you......
The day started out great! We were excited to have Grandma Murphy visiting with us and ready for some delicious food at Little America. As we started to get ready, Ella said that she wasn't feeling well (I recall an Easter morning with that same declaration). She had had the stomach flu two days before so I just assumed that she was still just not feeling 100%. We asked her if she thought she felt well enough to come with us. She wasn't sure she did but we talked her into it. We finished getting everyone ready and left in what we thought would be plenty of time to avoid the really long line. Scott and the boys ran ahead to get us a place while Maggi, Ella and I followed in behind. We were walking through a little construction zone shortcut when Maggi lost her footing and fell. Luckily, there were several EMT vehicles right in front of us and a couple of medics came to help us and make sure she was ok. After finding a seat for Maggi to rest, Ella and I went to find Scott and the boys in the enormous sea of people. I could not believe how long it was. They told us it would be at least a 2 1/2 to 3 hour wait. UGH! But we knew there was no one else that was going to have a reservation opening so we bought our tickets and hopped in line. Ella was really beginning not to feel well and a few minutes later, she was in the bathroom throwing up. We knew there was no way she was going to make it standing in the line so Scott asked if we could rent a room for a few hours. He explained our situation to the manager and they agreed. So, Scott took Maggi and Ella to lay down and rest and the boys to run around and play while I held our place in line. As we started to finally get close to the front, we joined up again. Cade and Cole got balloon swords from the clown and Ella and I made a few more trips to the bathroom. We finally made it to our seats and we were more than ready for something delicious to eat. Ella sipped on some Sprite for most of the meal and decided to try a roll towards the end. She wanted crab legs more than anything and was so bummed she couldn't have them! She was such an amazing trooper!
Next year - I think I see Chinese on the menu!




No comments:
Post a Comment