Two days after all of the Halloween excitement, Scott and I were on our way to Cancun, Mexico for his end of year company retreat. We could hardly wait to be somewhere warm and have a much anticipated break.
We almost didn't make it though. We had a super early morning flight at needed to leave our house by 4:15. Josh was staying with us and heading back to Idaho so he was kind enough to get up to take us. And fortunately, he was smart enough to set his phone alarm. I set the time on our alarm but then forgot to turn it on. Duh! At 4:15, Josh knocked on our door and asked if we still needed to leave at that time. Holy nuts! I don't think I have ever gotten ready so fast in my life. It took Scott a few minutes to totally wake up and realize why I was so frantic. Ten minutes and one trashed house later, we were on our way. I hate leaving town without making my bed. Josh drove super fast while I attempted to make myself not look like I had literally just gotten out of bed. Even when I knew we were going to get there ok, my heart was still racing. It was this delirious state of mind that I blame the big smooch on the lips that Josh got from me just prior to our departure into the terminal on. Sorry Josh! Just wanted you to know how much we appreciated you saving our trip! :)
We were also fortunate to have some wonderful people taking care of our kiddos while we were away. The boys didn't even know we were gone - they had such a great time with Kayla and Ben and helping to take care of little Hugo. Ella had a bit of a struggle with us being away. Kayla, Jamie and Papa did great to keep her calm and happy until our return.
The Iberostar Resort was huge and beautiful. After we settled into our room and got something to eat, we took a little walk on the beach.
The first morning and all of the others after it, brought rain, rain and more rain. After trying without success to get an umbrella from the front desk, we went and purchased a greatly overpriced one from the gift shop. It was worth it though! We used it the entire trip. Since we have been to Cancun several times and already done all of the tourist excursions, we decided to just hang out on the beach (under the cabana cover) and take a trip into Playa Del Carmen. And I promised myself that I was not going to go into taking picture mode. I really did want to just relax and enjoy our time together.
Scott trying to crack open a coconut.
Our happiness on this trip - being together without any interruptions, relaxing at the beach, reading a good book, fabulous japanese food, Senor Frogs and gelato!







No comments:
Post a Comment