Saturday, April 5, 2014

Go Aggies


This month, Ella was assigned to complete a school project on Utah by visiting one of the counties and doing a report on it.  Since I hadn't been back to my old college stomping grounds for over ten years, I thought it would be fun to take the kids to Logan.

Logan has grown!  After visiting the temple, we drove over to campus.  I showed the kids Moen Hall, where I lived my first year of school and Old Main.  We stopped at the nutrition building for some Aggie Ice Cream (a definite have to!).  I had forgotten how yummy it is!




I took them over to Old Farm and showed them S3, where I lived for the remainder of my time there.  That hadn't changed at all!  So many great memories and it was fun to answer all of the kids' questions as we drove by places.  I think it was kind of hard for them to imagine that I lived anywhere but where we live now.  Like when you see your school teacher at the grocery store and it's so shocking!  

Before heading home, we stopped at the tabernacle and then had lunch at the famous Bluebird.  Definitely not as yummy as I remember but the chocolates are still great!  I used to stop here every now and then before heading home to pick up haystacks for Dad.
Hopefully another ten years doesn't go by before we visit again.  We had a great little trip down memory lane!

No comments: