Friday, May 22, 2009

School is almost out. . .

And with that comes all of the fun end of the year activities. Ella's final school program was this Wednesday. She has been practicing around the house for a couple of weeks and she was very excited to perform. No surprise there! She loves the spotlight!

Since I was doing double duty - pictures and video taping - I got there early to get a good spot and make sure I was ready. I was all set but forgot one thing that turned out to be very important - KLEENEX!! I was completely fine until I saw her walk into the room with her big grin, squeezing her fists with excitement. My wild pregnancy emotions kicked into overdrive. I cried from that moment through the whole program and some more when I got home. I was so proud of her! But sad at how fast she has grown. How many times have I heard over the past few years to really enjoy this time because it goes so quickly?? It really is true! And I wish I had done a lot more savoring. Good lesson learned for the next time around.

3 comments:

The Miles Family said...

Yay Ella! Wish we could have been there to see her perform. Believe me I would have been crying too..and i'm not even pregnant. Just a bawl baby. How can you not be when these little ones make you so happy?!

Like the time in Seattle, when we tucked Ella & Teeg in bed and listened to their conversation from behind the door. We had a good cry! Good times.

Grandma and Papa said...

Okay, sit down before you fall down. Papa finally has to write a comment. Having the ability to see and read about current events helps to take the sting out of not being there.

Mom and I are so proud of you and your little soon to be medium-large family. We also enjoyed having you and Ella here. Keep the stories and pictures coming.

Kim said...

It did go by so fast. I can remember when she was born...it's crazy!

It really does look like she had such a good time. It's great you caught it on video:)

I just wanted to thank you for Jaden's b-day present. We're going to have him open it on his birthday but he's very excited:)