On Tuesday, our boys turned a week old.
How quickly ~ and slowly ~ time goes.
We have been showered this past week and a half with more love than we could have ever imagined. I wish that we had the time to talk to everyone and give updates individually but it's just not possible at this time. So, we are going to use our blog as a way to keep everyone updated. Please check back with us from time to time and we'll try to post as often as possible.



Cole (a.k.a. peanut) is doing great. All of his tubes and IV's are out, he's breathing well and he's eating even better. Last night he passed his car seat test! All we are waiting on is for him to gain a little weight. Looks like he inherited his dad's metabolism. We hope to have him home soon!


Cade (a.k.a. ducky) is our little mystery man. His breathing has improved and he hasn't had an apnea episode for a couple of days. But he has a fever that we have been unable to get under control. After doing a brain ultrasound yesterday, we learned that he has a couple of bleeds in the germinal matrix part of his brain. We are not sure if this is the cause of the fever, so he is undergoing more tests over the next couple of days to rule other possibilities out. It has been a difficult few days, but we are extremely hopeful that we will have some answers soon and get him on the road to coming home with us.
Thank you so much for all of your love and support and especially your prayers!
4 comments:
YOu guys are in our prayers. Thanks for the updates.
I thought I had saved your phone # in my phone (I was going to text, not call) but I wanted to see how long your mom was going to be there. If you need someone to take Ella let us know....we could come grab her. Also, let us know if there is anything else you need.
Oh thank you for more pictures...that's all we've got for now...but only for another month and a half. Yay! You don't realize how small they really are until you see the pictures of you guys holding them. They really are tiny!
They are both BEAUTIFUL!!
We're so happy that you get to take Cole home with you today. That's so exciting! Hopefully Cade will be coming soon. We love you guys! We will keep you in our prayers.
What HANDSOME boys!! So, Cole is home? I'll be praying that little Cade will be joining him soon. I know you can't just sit and chat, but PLEASE let me know if I can do anything for you. How are YOU? Love you guys and can't wait to meet the boys. Let us know when it's ok to get visitors.
I had no idea that you had twins! I wish you the best of luck and will be thinking of your sweet little boys!!!
Post a Comment