Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our Boys - Chapter 2

Wow! So much for being great at keeping everyone updated. Sorry for the delay but hopefully you all understand.
Cade continues to improve everyday! After testing negative multiple times for any infections, one of his tests finally came back positive for a blood infection. He is currently being treated for it and his ability to regulate his temperature has greatly improved. He still has the brain bleeds, which his body has not started to absorb yet, but hopefully his body can begin that process once he is through this infection. This little guy has had to endure a lot these past weeks and I cannot tell you how great it has been for us to see him looking more and more like a healthy newborn. And one that we are anxiously waiting to bring home!
Little Cole finally got to come home just over a week ago. While he is growing like crazy, you couldn't tell it from the way he looks sitting in his car seat. It swallows him! He is such a good baby and has only kept us up a couple of nights beyond the normal routine. He is super strong and is already trying to lift his head to look around and loves it when his big sister Ella sings to him. This has been quite an adjustment for her but she loves her little brothers and has been a big help.


Grandma Miles with the boys! We were extremely fortunate to have my mom here for the past month - and now to have my dad here. Not many people are so blessed to have parents who drop everything and give up their lives so quickly. I absolutely would not have made it or be making it right now without them and hope they know how much they are appreciated and loved! May there be many nights of sleep in the future for them! :)
And to my husband, who is working away from home and not able to be with us right now, we want you to know how much we love you and appreciate all that you are doing for our family. We know that it's not easy to be away and cannot wait until October! We hope you are getting lots of rest too because you're going to need it this weekend. :)
There are so many more family and friends who have been an incredible source of strength for us! So many prayers have been offered for these sweet spirits who many have not even met and we are beyond grateful! Thank you! Thank you! Hopefully our next blog will have a picture of our family - all together!

4 comments:

Jules said...

Oh, thank you for the update! So glad to hear of the improvements, and you sound in relatively good spirits as well. Wish I lived closer so I could help, but I'm sending lots of prayers and happy thoughts. Miss and love you!!

littlegry said...

I've been DYING to talk to you... but I know 1/2 of the craziness of haveing 1 new baby... let alone 2, with only one at home. Call me when you can. No rush... but know I love you and your little family. :o) You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

The Nelson Family said...

Darling. I can't wait to see them...sometime :) I hope you are getting by between the house and the hospital. Beck, you are always so strong and I know you are doing such a good job juggling all of this - probably much better than you think you are. Love ya. Cami

Brad and E'Shell said...

They are so sweet! We are so excited for you guys! We are thinking about you and hope all is going well!