
It's hard to believe our time in Seattle is almost over! It always goes by so quickly and means the summer is coming to an end. There was one place that Uncle Steven kept talking about that Ella and I had not visited yet - the Museum of Flight. So, on Saturday, mom was super sweet and stayed home with Cade and Cole so the rest of us could go and explore the museum.

Ella was fascinated with all of the big planes. We toured the ones outside first - the Concorde and Air Force One. She loved looking in the cockpits and seeing all of the stuff the President used to use when he would fly. It's amazing how much has changed since this particular Air Force One flew. The biggest thing I noticed - in the bathroom there was a place for razor blade diposal. You don't see that anymore!

Last time Steven visited the museum, he and Josh took a ride in the flight simulator. I love stuff like this! And thank heavens, I do not get motion sickness in the least. Steven let me take the controls first but I couldn't get us off the ground. And once we were off the ground, I kept crashing us. So, he took over. It's amazing how much force you feel in these little machines!

Ella was a little too young to go on the first flight simulator so we took her on another one where she was able to wear her special 3D glasses! "That was awesome! Let's do it again!"


Ella had so much fun roaming from one exhibit to another, sitting and pretending to fly in as many different things as she could. The first plane was an old WWI fighter plane. She struggled, like me, to keep her plane on course. After the ride, Steven told her she should become a pilot. Her response - "Did you see me fly that thing? Are you crazy?!"
No comments:
Post a Comment