Thursday, November 24, 2011

NOT the Worst Thanksgiving Ever

I think it's only fitting to start this Thanksgiving post by announcing that Ella has officially declared that this was NOT the worst Thanksgiving ever! Hooray! Of course, it wouldn't take too much to be better than last year. We decided to attempt going to a restaurant again. The boys are a year older and we went to a more family friendly place, Mimi's Cafe. It was great! The food was fabulous and the service was fast!

Cade and Cole decorated turkey hats at school. They loved them and did not want to take them off. Ella was a pilgrim at her Thanksgiving school party. I didn't really have anything "pilgrimy" but I was able to find something "pioneery" and I figured that would pass. She was excited to wear her apron and bonnet.

After dinner, we brought the boys home for a nap. We thought it would be fun to attempt their first movie in a theatre when they woke up. We took them to see The Muppets. They were so excited to sit in their booster chairs with their own cup of popcorn and circles (a.k.a. M&M's). I had high hopes but with almost 20 minutes worth the previews, they were ready to get down and play not long after the movie started. We tried to get them to sit and be quiet but it wasn't working. So, Scott took them home while Ella and I finished the show. I think we'll give it another six months and try again.




We are super thankful for our little family - and for our wonderful extended family! We truly are beyond blessed!

No comments: