Friday, June 7, 2013

Nack

AAAAHHHH!!! Look at the surprise we found in our backyard today!  I do not love creepy crawly creatures at all, no matter how small and cute the kids may think they are.  Ladybugs are about my limit.  But when the kids saw this little fella darting around on our patio, it became their mission to catch him.  He was fast - super fast!  Ella and Lizzy prepared a home for him while the boys continued the chase.  Against my will, I finally consented to helping them catch the little lizard they had named Nack.  After many, many, many attempts, I finally caught him.  It was not easy to get him into his home but he settled in to his rock and grass nicely.  Of course, the kids wanted to keep him as our new pet.  Uh, not happening!  I thought of sweet Sister Monson.  She let her kids keep snakes in the bathtub.  I truly want to be a cool mom like that but my kids are going to have to settle for fish and.....fish.  When Scott got home, he and the kids took Nack to the fountain at the entrance to the neighborhood and released him.  I am sure we will be back to visit him!

No comments: