On Friday, Scott, Ella and I loaded the car and headed for the cabin to do one of my favorite things - split and stack wood for the winter. I have never figured out why I love to do this so much but it's one of the highlights of the year and has been since I can remember. I love the smell of fresh cut wood. I love all of the yellow and orange aspens that are tucked next to the pine trees. I love being in the mountains in the fall!
Ella loves to look for treasures outside.
Look, mom! I'm so strong! I think I have succesfully passed on my love of stacking wood to Ella.
Until next year . . .
4 comments:
Oh I am so jealous......I love everything about staying in a cabin! It sounds like you guys have so much fun up there every year and I absolutely love the mountains in the fall! I make John every year take me up to the mountains to pick fall leaves.....lets just say he loves it too....NOT! And I am really glad that Scott didn't cut his leg open! The pictures of him cutting the wood just made me laugh....glad you had fun!
Ahh...the cabin. I already miss it!! At first I thought you were being sarcastic about cutting wood, but I guess the guys do the hard work right?! I LOVE the picture of you and Ella. That photo is frame worthy! I'm glad that you took lots of pictures. It kinda made me feel like we were there...sort of. The nintendo room looks awesome! I can truly appreciate the makeover. It is amazing what a window and white walls can do to a dungeon! I too, am glad that Scott didn't have any serious injuries. Way to go Scott! We LOVE you guys!! :)
Happy Birthday!
It looks like you all had so much fun! I hope that with a new ankle I can start enjoying all the family times that I've been missing. I have to say, I was almost shutting my eyes looking at Scott chopping wood. I'm glad it was a safe and brawny experience for you, Scott. Way to go! Ella is so into the whole wood thang! I'm glad she will enjoy one of your loves, too, Becky. So, was there hot chocolate involved, without Grandma to make it?
Post a Comment