A few months ago, we got the good news that Josh and his family would be moving back to Idaho after he graduated from dental school in May. We were thrilled that they would be so much closer, giving us the opportunity to get together more. And we didn't waste any time! Josh and Steven drove the moving van across the country this past week and they did a quick unload and came right here to play with all of us. First item of business - grown ups night out!
This was our first time meeting Steven's new girlfriend, Vendla, so we wanted to take advantage of our time to get to know her. We couldn't think of a better way than to show her our awesome bowling and mini golf skills. Note to family: look in the above group of photos, top right, notice the circle orb on the back of Steven's right left. Spooky! We must have brought something back from Martha's Vineyard.
Josh and Steven thought they had this game in the bag - going back and forth about who was going to win. Normally, bowling is not my game. I feel pretty proud when I get above 50. But I was on my game tonight and broke 100 and came out victorious! And I vow to never let them forget it! :)
Oh, mini golf. I have a love hate relationship with this game. I love the courses. I think they're cute and fun to walk around on. But I get so impatient trying to get the ball in the hole. It takes me at least 5 or more shots on every hole. What is the fun in that! But, like I said, I was on my game tonight. And I managed to score the only hole in one of the night. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it myself. A moment that will likely never happen again so I savored every moment of it!
I do have to say though that the highlight of the night was watching everyone get sprayed with water on the last put! Oh, and I almost forgot - thanks to Scott for surprising us and buying dinner. He knew that dad and I would be wrestling over the dinner check so he pulled a fast one on us and called ahead and did it before we even had the chance to get out our boxing gloves. So sweet!
To say that these kiddos have fun when they are together is an understatement. They are giggling from the moment they see each other until they leave (and the tears come). They wear us all out and have a great time doing it!
This little family pool is probably my favorite purchase this summer. $25 bucks at Smith's. What a deal! The kids would live in it if I let them.
We can always count on Ella for some wacky faces!
And Max, putting on his own little show!
How cute are these girls!
The long weekend went way too quickly! Time to plan the next one!
















1 comment:
This was the best family weekend! Looking at this fun pics brings back all the smiles and makes me want to jump on a plane so we can do it again. Love you all!
Post a Comment